Monday, June 05, 2006

+ Rainbow +

Once upon a time, it rained. And in the midst of the downpour was a little girl with her little red umbrella and her school uniform of checkered black and white skirt and ribbon on a white sailor-collared blouse as she stood in front of a house with weathered paint, a screened door and capiz windows. Thoughtfully she stood, the umbrella dripping from the raindrops that fell soundly on its surface. Her eyes lifted to the trees, catching view of a nest with the mother bird tending to its offspring.

What if flood takes the nest? What if it rains harder? What if the tree topples down? Who's going to protect the little birdies?

How odd... I wonder where the father is...

Once upon a time, it rained. And in the midst of the downpour was a sixteen-year old girl with black umbrella as she stood in front of a colorless room with shutters hanging off the windows, a door with no knob and santan plants lining the front. Thoughtfully she stood with the umbrella barely able to shield her from the raindrops as she trembled and held onto the handle tightly but unstably.

Where did I go wrong? What did I do? What didn't I do? What do I do now? Don't I deserve anyone better at all? Is no one going to protect me?

And had it not been raining, there would be something because raindrops never come from the eyes.

That's it... I'll never fall in love again.

Once upon a time, it rained. And in the midst of the downpour was a running eighteen-year old girl who had no idea on where to go. She ran about, not minding her feet landing on pools of water from which black colored water sprinkled towards her. It stained her socks, she was wet and her feet were getting tired. But it was not a problem, not even part of the bigger problem that she could not find a way out of.

What happened again? Why did I do it again? What do I do now? Where should I go? Whom should I talk to?

It's over even before it began.

The eyes don't lie, at least for her. And before the mirror she stood, looking and touching the face of the other person beyond the glass that doesn't lie.

Stop crying.

Yet somehow she could not wipe those tears away.

But time passes by and there are things that we learn to live with. And the passing of the seasons do away with our feelings and though there are things we do not understand much, what we know is that we live for some reason because we are never here for nothing… or for no one.

Me...? I've always hated the rain until there came a time that it rained again. Yes, once again, once upon a time it rained and under the roof of a house I stood looking thoughtfully at the sky. The drops fell and dripped about the ledges. And I held myself as I felt a little cold and I sneezed then an umbrella came and as I looked behind me, I saw the smile that I loved so much and the eyes that told me everything to make me feel better.

It's raining again. Come inside.

And as I shifted, my eyes caught view of a nest with the mother bird tending to its offspring. For a moment I wondered but told myself that there was nothing to worry about. Birds never build nests in places where the flood goes after all.
Xairylle || 4:58 PM



Comments: Post a Comment

HOME

Looking Glass
Art of the Phoenix Flower Series
Latest: Phase Nine

Hidden Leaflets
Latest Chapter: Scroll Six: Gray

Stuff to watch out for:
A new banner!!
Art of the Phoenix Flower Series
Hidden Leaflets Series
Gundam Wing Fics
Naruto Fics
Literary Stuff...

Disclaimer I do not own Gundam Wing, Naruto or any other copyrighted material and/or ideas.


Navigation

.S e r i e s.

Art of the Phoenix Flower Series
Hidden Leaflets

.F a n f i c t i o n.

SasuSaku Fics
Gundam Wing Fics
Miscellaneous Fics

.W h i s p e r s.

Poetry
Prose
Reviews

.S p e c i a l.

This is what Shmarvin means to me...

Links

Omake, Omake: Zai's Corner
Pinoy Naruto
Bea Karina
blog.skins

Credits

Purple-Sream' for Lay-out
For the pic, I can't seem to remember to whom this belongs to. Please notify me... >_< Sorry!!